Monday, November 10, 2008

Home Away From Home


This is a view from my door looking into my room. Reminds me of a simple dorm room in any college.











This is a view from my armchair looking over my desk and TV.


This is a view from my bed looking at my personal sink area, with a room fridge, the door to the right opens into a shared toilet and shower, the door straight ahead opens into the hallway, and there is an additional bed in the room for a second person if the need arises.



This is obvious, but it is worthy to note that the space is extremely limited, there are no bathrooms at home this small, but space here is pushed to its limits.



The bathroom is shared between two rooms. In this little pass-through room is a tiny shower and the tiny toilet area. I live on the bottom floor and it is frigid in the little area. There is no heat to this room, and ice has formed on the floor of the shower most mornings. The dorms are elevated on stilts and so being on the first floor all the cold air blows below you with not much insulation between feet and outside air.

No comments: