Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11 OCTOBER 2008


The Chapel of the Snows is the Southern most house of worship in the world. I am the only Protestant Chaplain on the continent...and this is my first Sunday service of the Summer season. Dan Doyle will be celebrating Catholic Mass at 9:30 AM and I will have a traditional Protestant worship service at 11:00 AM. I quickly learned last year that the chapel program is vital for some but for many the chapel building is just another building with no spiritual significance. This station has the largest number of atheists and agnostics per capita than anywhere I have ever been in my life. Many of the personnel here have no idea why a chaplain is necessary and have no time religion or religious thought. "Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

No comments: