Wednesday, November 26, 2008

15 NOVEMBER 2008--God's Natural Beauty


I stand in awe of God's creation.













Wait up....I coming to slide on my belly too!












That flag was standing until this one started yawning...the vacuum pulled the flag right down!

I can't say that I blame the seal for being tired. The seals come up from under the water thru small holes in the ice. The edge of the ice shelf is currently 60-80 miles away from McMurdo. This means that this seal potentially traveled 60-80 miles under the ice, in freezing cold water and finally found this hole to take a break. They swim like little torpedoes through the water then pop up through the hole for a break.


Asleep on his feet! These little guys are amazing! Notice that his feet aren't touching the ground...he's completely propped on his tail.


No comments: