Thursday, November 20, 2008

2 NOVEMBER 2008--Ski Birds On Ice



Here is the first LC-130 landing on the ice for the start of the Summer flying season. It has been interesting being one of the only military people on the ice for close to a month. It has been the running joke that I was the acting Deployed Commander, First Sergeant, Services troop, and everything else on top of my Chaplain responsibilities. The ADVON Officer In Charge told me that he would have been on the ice for the entire time if it was anyone else but me. Since he knew my work ethic, he had no qualms about leaving me at the helm.

I volunteered to meet the 4 inbound LC-130s and personnel on the flight-line on 2 November 2008. With the 4 flights and 68 personnel it was expected to be quick turns on the flight-line with a skeleton crew of military personnel. I was able to assist the 2 ADVON maintainers by working a second 8 hour shift unloading the planes, bag-dragging, and taxiing military personnel from the flight-line to housing without any delays.






From left to right: Myself, SMSgt Bob Thivierge; Deployed Supervisor of Maintenance, and Col Ron Smith; Deputy Commander Joint Task Force Operation DEEP FREEZE





No comments: